Shawnee Kansas & Missouri Car Insurance

Auto Insurance Quote Request
Shawnee Kansas & Missouri Car Insurance

Thank you for considering Green Mountain Insurance Agency for your auto insurance needs.  We hope to provide the highest level of service while tailoring an auto plan which fits your needs and your best interests.

There are a lot of factors which come into play when considering what auto coverage you want & need.  One of the most important considerations is protecting your personal assets.  The states of Kansas and Missouri both require at least minimum liability coverage on all registered vehicles.

The state minimums are $25,000 of liability per person and $50,000 of ‘bodily injury’ coverage.  However, for most people the minimum liability limits are very risky.  We will not suggest anything under $50,000 PP and $100,000 per incident. Often accidents can total more than these limits, so we usually recommend 100/300k to make sure you protect your assets.

Auto Insurance Coverage options in Shawnee Kansas & Missouri:

Collision and comprehensive (other than collision) coverages

Collision and Comprehensive (other than collision) coverages pay for damage to your automobile. You can purchase either or both of these coverages for each vehicle you own. If you have an auto loan you may be required to purchase both.  A $1,000 deductible is the common protection.

  • Collision coverage insures you against damage to your vehicle caused during an accident.
  • Comprehensive (other than collision) coverage insures you against all other physical damage to your car caused by such events as fire, theft, flood, and vandalism.

The most important ‘catastrophic’ coverage is the bodily injury coverage.  However, it is also important and more common to be liable for ‘property damage’.  The state minimum is $25K, but since accidents many time cost more, we suggest $50K.  Uninsured bodily injury and underinsured bodily injury protection is for you and your passengers.  If you or passengers are injured and the party does not have insurance, you are protected under your own policy.

Medical Payments coverage

Medical Payments coverage pays medical expenses (up to a specified dollar limit) for you and passengers of your car who are injured in an automobile accident, no matter who is at fault. If you and your passengers have health Insurance, you may not need this coverage.

Personal Injury Protection

Some states require Personal Injury Protection, which is also known as No-Fault coverage. This coverage pays for things like medical and rehabilitative expenses, replacement services, and funeral expenses. It also pays for loss of income if you are injured in an auto accident and are unable to work.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage

This coverage pays if you are injured by a person who is completely uninsured or doesn't have enough liability Insurance to cover your injuries. It also covers you if you are in an accident with a hit-and-run driver.

Optional coverage

Optional or special coverage includes extras such as towing, rental reimbursement, and roadside assistance. None of these coverages are required.

How much do I need?

Choosing the appropriate level of auto Insurance coverage depends on a number of factors, including assets you must protect (liability coverage), value of your vehicle (collision and comprehensive), the amount of money you can afford to pay out-of-pocket (deductibles), and your tolerance for risk.

Our professional auto insurance agents in Shawnee Kansas and Missouri, including the Kansas City, Kansas City MO, Overland Park, Shawnee Mission, and Wichita areas, can assist you in finding the right car insurance you need.